Avatar

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tool #2

I think being an active participant in an online community is highly beneficial!  I spend hours looking at fellow teacher blogs every week.  I gain such wonderful insights and relate my experiences with the ones that are described in various blogs.  I particularly like that some blogs are grade specific.

I have just recently started to comment on blogs.  When I first discovered the world of blogs, I was timid to do so, but have since learned that reflecting along with others is worth the "pain."  I compare commenting conversations to having a team meeting with my grade level...but with individuals that I don't necessarily know.  I am beginning to feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts with others.  I am continuing to learn how to make my comments meaningful and specific as I offer up examples, anecdotes, and/or resources that others can utilize.  I love when blogs have videos integrated in them - this is something I am going to work on this year!  I love videos because they provided specific examples of what is being discussed in a real scenario.

Two of my favorite blogs right now are http://www.seusstastic.blogspot.com and http://www.wereadweblogweteach.com.

These blogs have focused on a Daily 5 and Cafe book study since the beginning of July.  I am going to be undertaking Daily 5 in my literacy routines this year, so I have found that these studies and blogs are very resourceful as I start my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment